Saturday, May 22, 2010


"Janette's Perfect Pink Purse"
My friend Janette LOVES purses. I amazed at how many times whatever we happen to be talking about, ends up coming around to the subject of purses! So, naturally when she asked me to make her a cake (after having tasted the baby shower cake I made for my daughter) I knew no cake would suit her better than a cute little bag.


The purse handles are made from a melted dark chocolate dove bar, squeezed out onto a piece of foil in a giant "O" shape and then frozen for about 3 minutes. I then cut the "O" in halves and inserted them in the top of the purse. I took a veggie peeler and shaved off the bumps and make the handles look more even. Thanks to my friend Sharon, who gave me the dove bar from her own purse. (good idea!)
The cake itself is basic yellow with my own special ingredients added that make my cakes extra yummy. (no, I'm not going to tell you.. sorry..)
Frosted with buttercream in bright Pink and black, it's basically 2 round laters turned on the side and stuck together with frosting. I had a lot of fun with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment